Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EFGDS) is designed to examine the mucous membranes of the stomach, duodenum, esophagus.
This is an endoscopic method that involves the use of a flexible fibroscope instrument. EFGDS is a very effective, accessible and informative way of diagnosing diseases of the upper gastrointestinal tract.
An additional advantage of the method is the possibility of taking material for histological examination and revealing the nature of education.
If necessary, with the help of efGDS remove the polyps of the stomach or esophagus, and also cauterize bleeding ulcers.
Indications for conducting EFGDS
- Suspicion of cancer in the upper gastrointestinal tract
- Observation of peptic ulcer and stomach ulcer
- Pain in the upper abdomen
- Disorders in digestive system
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- As prevention for people over forty.
Contraindications of esophagogastroduodenoscopy:
- Narrowing or scars in the esophagus that interfere with the passage of the fibroscope;
- Disorders in the circulatory system due to heart attack or stroke.
Preparation for attending EDGDS
In the evening before the inspection, a light dinner of vegetables and fruits, dairy products is possible. Before the procedure, food intake is prohibited. The study is absolutely painless. The duration of the EGFDS is about five minutes.
Advantages in attending esophagogastroduodenoscopy in the Center for Progressive Medicine «AVICENNA MED»:
- Modern high-precision equipment
- Highly qualified doctors
- Comfortable clinic
- Compliance of all processes with the diagnostic standards of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine
- Affordable price
To register for the procedure of EFGDS to the doctor of the medical center «AVICENNA MED» and get recommendations for preparation, you can call: