Recto-manoscopy is an informative and effective way of examining the straight and lower sigmoid colon.
Sigmoidoscope is used for examination by inserting in the anus for a depth of 35 cm.
Indications for attending sigmoidoscopy:
- Suspected neoplasm of the rectum and sigmoid colon
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Pain and discomfort in the anus
- Presence of mucus, blood or pus in the feces.
Recto-manoscopy can detect changes in the mucosa even at the initial stage. At the same time during the examination, it is possible to take material for carrying out histology. Thus, this method is very informative and makes it possible to reveal the nature of the neoplasm.
After forty years, the risk of developing malignant formations of any localization increases. Therefore, it is recommended to undergo a preventive examination (sigmoidoscopy) ā once a year.
Preparation for attending the survey
- 2-3 days before sigmoidoscopy, you should not eat heavy food (fresh vegetables and fruits, wholemeal bread). You can have lean poultry, fish, meat, meat broths, porridges (except oatmeal, millet, pearl barley). Dishes ā steamed, steamed or boiled. One day before the examination, a light lunch is allowed, in the evening ā only tea. In the morning before a sigmoidoscopy it is impossible to have breakfast.
- Before the examination, it is important to clean the intestines with an enema. Its volume at times is not less than 1 liter. Follow the procedure until clear water comes out.
Ā A more comfortable way to cleanse the intestines is the drugs taken internally. They easily rid the body of stool. This, for example, Ā«FleetĀ», Ā«DufalacĀ», Ā«FortransĀ». Apply according to the doctorās instructions or recommendations.
Contraindications to the procedure of sigmoidoscopy:
- Acute inflammatory changes in the rectal mucosa
- Tumors that overlap the lumen of the rectum and the anal canal
- Exacerbation of inflammatory diseases.
Complications during and after the investigation appear very, very rarely. It is important that the specialist has high qualifications and use modern equipment. Duration of sigmoidoscopy is just a few minutes.
The advantages of attending sigmoidoscopy in the Center for Progressive Medicine Ā«AVICENNA MEDĀ»:
- Modern high-precision equipment
- High qualified doctors
- Compliance of all processes with the diagnostic standards of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine
- Available price.
Apply for a procedure to the doctor of the medical center Ā«AVICENNA MEDĀ» and get recommendations for training by phone: