Ultrasound examination of the prostate is divided into two types.
The first — a transabdominal examination of the organ is performed through the anterior abdominal wall. But this method is rarely used for diagnosis. On the one hand, because ultrasound of the prostate gland through the abdominal zone does not allow to fully appreciate the current pathological changes, on the other — the surface technique is not very applicable for men who have problems with excess weight.
Therefore, the second type of ultrasound of the prostate — transrectal obledovanie — is prescribed much more often, and allows the urologist to more accurately establish a diagnosis, and prescribe treatment.
The peculiarity of transrectal ultrasound examination of the prostate gland lies in the fact that the diagnosis is performed by introducing a thin scanner into the rectum of the patient. This method is the most informative because of the characteristics of male anatomy. TRUSY prostate allows the specialist to clearly visualize the contours and internal structure of the organ that a correct diagnosis can be made immediately after the end of the procedure. In addition, right during the TRUS procedure, you can take the necessary amount of tissue for a biopsy and do not resort to manipulation again.
When and who needs to enroll in transrectal ultrasound of the prostate
Ultrasound of the prostate, performed through the rectum, has a lot of indications.
Transrectal ultrasound of the prostate is appointed by the urologist when the following symptoms appear in the patient:
- frequent urination, especially at night;
- soreness and discomfort in the process of urination;
- weak potency;
- suspicion of prostatic adenoma;
- pain in the perineum and in the lower abdomen;
- frequent constipation and pain in bowel movement;
- the presence of compaction in the prostate gland, determined by the urologist when probing.
Contraindications to the transrectal ultrasound scan of the prostate are:
- exacerbation of hemorrhoids and the presence of serious hemorrhoids;
- rectal surgery;
- regular difficulties with bowel movement.
After 40-45 years, TRUS in men should be supplemented by blood test results for the presence of a specific antigen.
What pathologies can detect transrectal ultrasound of the prostate?
If the advance preparation for the procedure was carried out correctly, a transrectal examination will help to establish the presence of such anomalous conditions as:
- inflammation (adenoma) of the prostate, whose companions at the level of symptoms is a burning sensation when urinating, and when visualizing the organ — increasing its size and changing the shape;
- oncology of the prostate gland, in most cases showing a malignant neoplasm in the prostate in men of retirement age;
- hyperplasia of the prostate, manifested in the proliferation of her tissues and difficulties with urination;
- cyst of the prostate gland — a small dense sac filled with a liquid.
Proper preparation for the procedure of TRUS
Special preparation for transrectal ultrasound examination of the prostate is not required.
The latest meal before the procedure should be at least 12 hours before it starts. That is, if the examination is scheduled for the morning, limit to a light supper and come to the TRUZI on an empty stomach.
Immediately on the day of the procedure, an hour or two before the procedure, a man should put a cleansing enema. You can do this yourself at home with the help of the usual water enema or a special medical drug from the pharmacy — microclysters. Or you can entrust this process to the medical staff of the clinic.
For 60 minutes before ultrasound examination of the prostate, the patient should drink about 1 liter of fluid and come to the procedure with a complete bladder. This is a prerequisite for obtaining reliable results.
The TRUS procedure lasts from 10 to 20 minutes and practically does not cause the patient uncomfortable sensations.
The main thing is to listen to the doctor’s requests and try to equalize your breathing. During the TRUS, the specialist has the opportunity to assess not only the condition of the prostate, but also the seminal vesicles.
Conducting TRUS in the Center for Progressive Medicine «AVICENNA MED» has many advantages:
- Modern high-precision equipment
- Highly qualified doctors-diagnosticians and urologists
- Comfort, which is due to the lack of queues and the accuracy of the beginning of the survey with pre-recording
- Compliance of all processes with the diagnostic standards of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine
- Affordable price
To register for ultrasound of the prostate in the Center for Progressive Medicine «AVICENNA MED» you can call: