Ultrasonic Doppler examination of the blood vessels of the penis is an informative diagnostic method that allows the doctor to quantitatively and qualitatively evaluate the speed and direction of blood flow in the arteries and veins of the penis.
Duplex Doppler ultrasound is completely safe for the patient’s body.
Vascular scanning is practical, has no contraindications and can be performed many times both to clarify the diagnosis, and to control the course of therapy.
Indications for performing duplex scanning of the vessels of the penis
Допплерография сосудов полового члена может понадобиться в таких случаях:
- erectile dysfunction, problems with potency;
- diagnosis of various forms of erectile dysfunction;
- evaluation of the physiological causes for the lack of erection;
- curvature of the penis;
- injury and damage to the penis;
- swelling of the organ and pain during urination;
- congenital abnormalities in the development of the penis;
- peyronie’s disease (benign formation in the protein tissues of the cavernous bodies of the organ).
Contraindications for Dopplerography of the vessels arteries and veins of the penis:
- inflammation of the tissues of the penis, weighed down by purulent formations;
- exacerbation of sexually transmitted diseases and sexually transmitted infections.
Dopplerography of the mesh of the vessels of the penis allows the doctor urologist to:
- assess the violation of normal blood flow in the penis;
- identify the presence of retrograde blood flow in the penis;
- assess the quality of blood supply to cavernous and cavernous bodies;
- diagnose fibrosis of erectile tissue and its calcination;
- determine the presence of foreign bodies in the urethra (stones, sand);
- establish the presence of scar tissue, bruising and other structural changes;
- visualize fibrous tissue and tumor neoplasms;
- reveal a thrombosis of the vessels.
Dopplerography of the vessels of the penis does not require any special preparation.
Before a comprehensive study, the patient is recommended to perform the usual hygiene procedures. The diagnostic manipulation will take about half an hour. Measurements of the speed and direction of the blood flow of the penis are performed every 5 minutes and correspond to the phases of erection. The result of the duplex examination will be known at the end of the procedure.
Carrying out dopplerography of the penis vessels in the Center for Progressive Medicine «Avicenna Med» has many advantages:
- modern high-precision equipment;
- highly qualified doctors-diagnosticians and urologists;
- comfort, due to the lack of queues and precise appointments;
- compliance of all processes with the diagnostic standards of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine;
- affordable price.
To register for dopplerography of the vessels of the penis in the Center for Progressive Medicine «AVICENNA MED» you can call: