Safe and informative ultrasound examination of pelvic organs in women is the most common method of diagnosis in gynecology, obstetrics and urology.
With the help of ultrasound screening, the attending physician can determine in due time the cause of pain, infertility, current inflammation, bleeding, or the presence of neoplasms in the organs of the genitourinary system.
Also, ultrasound diagnosis is indispensable for those who plan pregnancy or are already carrying a child: the technique helps to monitor the development of the fetus, in time to learn about the possible deviations in its formation.
An ultrasound examination of the internal organs of the small pelvis is recommended to a woman in the case of:
- Suspicion of pregnancy
- Frequent disorders of the menstrual cycle
- Painful sensations before and during menstruation
- Difficulties with conception of a child
- Suspected development of uterine myoma or endometriosis
- Detection of symptoms of inflammatory processes
- Pulling pains in the lower abdomen
- Profuse vaginal bleeding in the absence of menstruation
- The subsequent selection of contraceptives
- Suspicions of the pathology of the mammary glands
- Pathologies of the structure of the organs of the reproductive system
- Follow up after abortion
- Frequent miscarriage
- Control over the condition after gynecological operations and intrauterine manipulation.
To prevent various diseases of the reproductive system in women, ultrasound examination of the pelvic organs should be performed once in 2 years, and after 40 years this diagnosis should be an annual. Due to its safety, painlessness and absence of contraindications, ultrasound is allowed for pregnant and lactating women, as well as for children.
What is the ultrasound of pelvic organs in women?
Depending on the patient’s complaints and her age, pelvic ultrasound can be performed in several ways:
- TRANSWAGINAL. This technique is not applicable for children, adolescents and girls with a holistic hymen. During the transvaginal examination, the ultrasound transducer is disinfected and inserted into the vagina. The urinary bladder and intestine on the eve of manipulation should be emptied. Transvaginal diagnosis allows the most reliable assessment of possible changes in the organs of the reproductive system.
- TRANSABDOMINAL. Scanning is performed superficially through the anterior abdominal wall, necessarily with a complete bladder. This study is the only available for diagnosis of children, adolescents and virgins, as well as with significant neoplasms in the pelvic organs.
- COMBINED. Combined diagnosis is a combination of transabdominal and transvaginal examinations.
What does ultrasound diagnosis of pelvic organs in women?
The ultrasound examination of the internal organs of the female genitourinary system visualizes such conditions and possible diseases as:
- outlines and sizes of the uterus and fallopian tubes;
- size and shape of the ovaries, bladder;
- anomalies in the localization of organs, their displacement;
- changes in tissue structure;
- thickness and structure of the endometrium;
- formation of follicles, their dimensions;
- presence of cysts, myomas, adenomas and polyps;
- presence of neoplastic tumors;
- term of pregnancy and its localization;
- condition of the fetus and its development;
- localization of the intrauterine device;
- length of cervical canal.
By the time of ultrasound, the diagnosis of pelvic organs in women takes about 15 minutes and does not cause discomfort. The results of diagnosis are immediately known.
How can a woman prepare for ultrasound examination of pelvic organs?
Conduction of ultrasound of pelvic organs in women in the Center for Progressive Medicine «AVICENNA MED» has many advantages:
- Modern high-precision equipment
- Highly qualified doctors-diagnosticians and urologi
- Comfort, which is due to the lack of queues and the accuracy of the beginning of the survey with pre-recording
- Compliance of all processes with the diagnostic standards of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine
- Affordable price
To register for ultrasound of pelvic organs in the Center for Progressive Medicine «AVICENNA MED» you can call: