The lymphatic system requires special attention and timely care. After all, it depends on the state in which it resides, the immunity of the organism and our ability to withstand ailments.
Lymph nodes are one of the elements of the human immune system that play the role of biological filters that prevent the spread of microorganisms, toxic substances and cancer cells in the blood. In addition to filtering the flow of lymph, these organs, with their small size and proximity to the blood vessels, are the main sources of lymphocytes and phagocytes — antibodies that neutralize viruses and bacteria and protect us from the spread and development of infection.
Almost any, even implicit and slow, pathological process in the body leads to changes in the size and structure of the lymph nodes. Because of the intensification of the inflammatory process, they can expand, become dense, and acquires an irregular shape and uncharacteristic mobility. The normal state of the lymph nodes is that they are not probed at all or slightly noticeable. Any deviation from this rule should become a warning signal for the patient and an immediate reason for recording for ultrasound and specialist advice.
In the adult body, there are 400 to 1,000 lymph nodes, the accumulation of which is observed in the most vital parts of the body. Depending on the location of the lymph nodes are:
- Abdominal and thoracic.
The reason of changing the shape or size of the lymph nodes in any of these zones can be defined by an ultrasound examination of these organs. This safe technique gives all information about your concerns.
Conduction of ultrasound of lymph nodes is required if:
- Significant increase of lymph nodes after the transferred infection
- Visual medical examination indicates an increase in the majority of lymph nodes on the body during the absence of any infectious disease
- The expansion of the lymph nodes is added a high fever, the patient experiences difficulties with swallowing, breathing and suffers from a sore throat
- The both lymph nodes increase in size asymmetrically
- A suspicion of tumors in the abdominal cavity and organs of the gastronomical tract
- Suspicion of developing an abscess
- Many different tumor processes can be found in the lymphatic system
- Suspicion of tuberculosis or infection with syphilis.
What diseases can ultrasound of lymph nodes can detect and in which zones?
In the course of ultrasound scanning, the diagnostician assesses the outlines of dense capsules from the connective tissue, their shape, uniformity of structure and size. Deviations from the norm of lymph nodes in various frequent bodies indicate different diseases.
- Ultrasound of the cervical lymph nodes is performed for the diagnosis of pharyngitis, laryngitis, tonsillitis, rubella, measles, tonsillitis, diphtheria, Cesari disease, lymphosarcoma and many other diseases.
- Ultrasound of inguinal lymph nodes is prescribed with pulling pains in the lower abdomen, puffiness of the lower extremities and high body temperature. This study also identifies multiple inflammatory processes, for example, in pelvic organs, and venereal diseases.
- The ultrasound of the axillary lymph nodes helps to establish the causes of frequent headaches or feelings of general weakness and malaise, as well as neoplasms in the chest and mammary glands.
- Ultrasound of cervical, occipital, ear and chin lymph nodes is used as an additional method for the diagnosis of cancer.
- Ultrasonography of the mandibular lymph nodes is performed to clarify the diagnosis of leukemia, as well as lymphodenitis, which indicates the presence of an infectious or cancerous process in the body.
Preparation for ultrasound examination of lymph nodes
The universality of this diagnostic method lies in the fact that it does not require special and lengthy preparation for the procedure. The only exception is ultrasound of the lymph nodes of the abdominal cavity. In this case, 3 days before the date of the study, the patient is recommended to exclude from the diet products that cause gassing in the intestine.
Ultrasound examination of lymph nodes last about 15-20 minutes. His results to the patient will be explained either by the doctor-diagnostician, or by the attending doctor at the reception.
The ultrasound in the Center for Progressive Medicine «AVICENNA MED» has many advantages:
- Modern high-precision equipment
- Highly qualified doctors-diagnosticians
- Comfort, which is due to the lack of queues and the accuracy of the beginning of the survey with pre-recording
- Compliance of all processes with the diagnostic standards of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine
- Affordable price
To register for ultrasound of lymph nodes in the Center for Progressive Medicine «AVICENNA MED» you can call: