Ultrasound examination of the abdominal organs is a superficial and painless diagnosis of organs and soft tissues, which does not involve surgical or any other intervention. The technique gives almost 100% information about the state of health of the organs of the gastrointestinal tract, their localization and form, changes in structure, deviations in functioning, including after traumas, and the appearance of tumor neoplasms. During the procedure, the doctor examines the internal organs located below the diaphragm. Based on the findings, the physician can diagnose and prescribe the optimal treatment.
Direct and first indications for ultrasound diagnosis of the abdominal cavity and retroperitoneal space are:
- frequent feeling of bloating and heaviness in the stomach after eating;
- pain in the upper abdomen, concentrated in the region of the stomach;
- pain in the right hypochondrium;
- pain in the intestines;
- increased gas formation;
- bitter taste;
- abdominal cavity injury;
- blood impurities in the urine;
- yellow skin and eye protein.
Doctors of gastroenterologists recommend an ultrasound examination of the abdominal organs every year.
Such a preventive measure will allow timely detection of the disease and therapeutically prevent its development at an early stage.
Examination of the abdominal organs with ultrasound waves is an absolutely safe diagnosis, which is prescribed, including to young children and women during pregnancy or lactation.
Ultrasound of the abdominal cavity allows you to visualize and assess the condition:
- Bile ducts
What makes it possible to diagnose ultrasound of the abdominal cavity?
Ultrasound diagnosis of the abdominal space allows the physician to reliably identify the following pathologies and diseases:
- abnormalities of abdominal organs;
- ongoing inflammatory processes;
- organ ruptures from injuries;
- cirrhosis of the liver;
- cholelithiasis, kidney stones;
- accumulation of fluid in the abdominal cavity;
- presence of neoplasms in organs and tissues.
Preparation for ultrasound of the abdominal cavity
Ultrasound of the abdominal cavity requires a small advance preparation.
On the degree to which the patient carefully observed the doctor’s recommendations before the study, the correctness of his results depends, to a large extent, on the diagnosis.
- Before the diagnosis it is not recommended to drink sweet tea, coffee or juices, chew gum, snack with chocolates or other sugar-containing products.
- If an ultrasound examination is scheduled for the morning hours, the patient must go to the fasting procedure.
- Conducting diagnostics during the day, as well as in patients with diabetes mellitus, allows for the consumption of weak tea and toast from wheat flour.
- One day before the procedure of ultrasound examination of the gastrointestinal tract, patients are advised to take drugs that reduce increased gas production in the intestine, for example, activated charcoal.
Ultrasound diagnosis of the peritoneal and retroperitoneal organs takes no more than 15-20 minutes.
The results of the study can be briefly explained by the doctor-diagnostician or the already treating doctor in the course of the next appointment.
The ultrasound in the Center for Progressive Medicine «AVICENNA MED» has many advantages:
- Modern high-precision equipment
- Highly qualified doctors-diagnosticians
- Comfort, which is due to the lack of queues and the accuracy of the beginning of the survey with pre-recording
- Compliance of all processes with the diagnostic standards of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine
- Affordable price
To register for ultrasound of the abdominal organs in the Center for Progressive Medicine «AVICENNA MED» you can call: