The field of medicine that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of pathologies of the colon, rectum and perineum is called proctology. Timely access to a doctor with the appearance of the first complaints will allow treatment to be carried out in the most sparing way on an outpatient basis. If the disease is untreated for a long time, then it is quite unlikely to avoid surgery.
Following diseases in the field of Proctology are treated by doctors of the Center for Progressive Medicine «AVICENNA MED»:
- Anal fissure. This is a rupture of the rectal mucosa. Usually treated conservatively. It can occur because of prolonged constipation, diarrhea, trauma.
- Hemorrhoids. It is very common. There is an increase in hemorrhoids due to inflammation and possibly their loss from the anal canal. It is provoked by a violation of blood circulation and as a consequence size increase in blood vessels. Often occurs in pregnant women, the elderly and people leading a passive lifestyle. Treatment is usually outpatient, and operational in some cases.
- Polyps in the intestine. First a benign formation appears. Because of the asymptomatic development of the disease, the polyp can become malignant, which can be very dangerous.
- Paraproctitis. Purulent inflammation of the soft tissues around the rectum is possible due to inadequate hygiene, bad habits, infectious diseases, or trauma of the anal area.
- Epithelial coccygeal passage. Congenital pathology, in which a very narrow canal is formed. Can be detected when inflammation occurs.
What are the symptoms worth paying close attention to?
- Recurrent constipation or diarrhea.
- Problems or painful sensations when emptying the intestines.
- Discomfort in the anus and itching of the anal opening.
- Formation of nodes in the anal canal.
- Blood or mucus in the feces or even the absence of defecation.
Doctors of the Center for Progressive Medicine «Avicenna Med» have extensive diagnostic capabilities and the necessary knowledge to determine proctological pathologies in the early stages. This allows conservative methods of treatment to be applied without resorting to surgical intervention.
Patiens with complaints should consult a proctologist for advice, then a specialist will assign the necessary tests and analyzes.
Methods of patient examination include:
- Palpation. Finger examination to identify possible formations and pathology.
- Colonoscopy. Informative and simple examination of the rectum and large intestine. With introduction of a thin probe, the proctologist examines the surface of the intestine.
- Recto-manoscopy. Inspection up to 25-30 cm of intestine (entire rectum and distal sigmoid region).
- Anoscopy. Inspection up to 10-15 cm of the rectum.
To make an appointment with the doctors of the Center of Progressive Medicine «AVICENNA MED» you can call: