This pathology is diagnosed in more than 40% of women. This benign neoplasm, the cause of which is the accumulation of secretion in the tissue of the ovary.
The cyst is the space in which the liquid is located. The latter is produced by cells of the walls of the ovary.
Ovarian cyst is treated with a conservative and surgical method, which is determined by a doctor.
- Formed in the yellow body.
Benefits of treatment in the Center for Progressive Medicine «AVICENNA MED»
- Surgeons masterly perform traditional and laparoscopic operations
- Doctors have extensive work experience, trained in leading European clinics
- Diagnosis and treatment are performed according to modern international protocols
- The equipment of operating units enables to perform low-traumatic, organ-saving operations and perform reconstructive interventions, providing a high aesthetic effect
- For each patient, doctors select an individual approach
- Comfortable conditions in hospital wards
- High level of medical service.
Diagnosis of ovarian cysts
- Visit the gynecologist
- General analysis of urine and blood
- Ultrasonic transvaginal examination of pelvic organs, dopplerometry. If there is no need for urgent surgical intervention, education is observed for two cycles
- To determine the presence or absence in the abdominal cavity of fluid or blood, perform a puncture of the posterior vaginal fornix
- Analysis for the presence of increased antigen CA125, HE4, ROMA index
- Diagnostic laparoscopy. It is performed for examination, as well as for treatment (if there is a cyst rupture or torsion of its pedicle is possible).
Ways to treat ovarian cysts
Ovarian cyst can be treated conservatively or operatively.
In uncomplicated course of the disease, mono- and biphasic oral contraceptives may be effective — drug therapy. They are prescribed in combination with acetylsalicylic acid and vitamins (A, B1, B6, E and K). If the patient is overweight, then it is necessary to adhere to diet, exercise and practice balneotherapy.
When conservative treatment does not bring results or the cyst exerts pressure on nearby organs, surgical intervention is performed.
To remove the ovarian cyst in the Center for Progressive Medicine «AVICENNA MED» the most modern method is used — laparoscopic surgery. This is a low-traumatic, completely safe and very effective method. Intervention is carried out by a special device — a laparoscope. In the abdominal wall, the surgeon makes several punctures, through which he introduces miniature instruments and a video camera. It allows you to monitor the progress of the operation by transferring the image to the computer screen.
Laparoscopic intervention makes it possible to remove only the cyst, without traumatizing healthy ovarian tissue. This method, due to the fact that a large incision is not performed, as in the traditional operation, significantly reduces the risk of complications, reduces the time of intervention and the duration of the rehabilitation period, excludes scarring.
Surgical intervention is an effective way to treat ovarian cysts. After performing the operation, the material is sent for histological examination to exclude the presence of malignant processes.
Types of surgical intervention
- Kystecomy. The most gentle manipulation, since only the cystic capsule is excised.
- Cuneiform resection. Removal of the cyst due to triangular excision.
- Ovariectomy. The surgeon removes the ovary.
- Adnexectomy. The doctor removes the ovaries and fallopian tubes.
Cost of laparoscopic interventions
The cost of surgery for the treatment of ovarian cysts depends on many factors and may vary within certain limits. The exact cost of surgical treatment by a gynecologist can tell only after the examination. Prices for laparoscopic gynecological surgery you can see in the price list of services.
Symptoms of the disease
- Lower abdominal pain
- Sensation of pressure in the lower abdomen
- Irregular and painful menstruation
- Severe and severe pain in the lower abdomen with physical activity or with sexual intercourse
- Increased urination
- Unreasonable vomiting and nausea
- Elevated to 38-39 ° C body temperature and other.
It is important to remember that often the ovarian cysts are detected accidentally, during preventive examination and ultrasound, because the woman does not feel any symptoms. That’s why it is important to visit the gynecologist regularly. Then the disease will be detected at an early stage and the treatment will be as gentle and effective as possible.
Consultation of a gynecologist is possible by appointment.
In the Center for Progressive Medicine «AVICENNA MED» you can make an appointment by calling: